About the programme
This programme is ideal for persons with relevant qualifications or experience, who would like to share their skills in a developing community in a constructive and sustainable way. The programme is open to any professional in any sector and their skills are matched with the direct needs / demands at a local community level. Professional services are urgently required and on the skills sharing programme will offer your skills on a pro-bona basis.
What can professionals expect?
A well structured, professional service arranged by the South African host organisation. Pre-arrival orientation material is provided to the individual or group which includes an overview of the project, an assessment of the organisation’s needs as well as the intervention or assistance needed from the professional person. The host organisation matches the skills of the individual with the specific need at local level taken into consideration.
What are the benefits of the programme?
- Safe and well organised programme
- Detailed pre-arrival material which is focused on the individual and the project
- In-country airport meet and greet
- Comprehensive arrival orientation
- 24 hours, 7 days a week in-country support
- Life-changing opportunity to impart skills and experience in a practical well structured way
- Learning and experiencing new cultures in South Africa in an authentic way
- Intermediate feedback and progress meeting with representative of host organisation
- Scheduled extramural activities over weekend(s)
- Certificate of participation after successful completion of programme
What other information is useful?
This programme can be tailor-made for individuals or groups. Projects are hand-picked and need to comply to specific requirements in order to qualify for this programme. The programme is offered as part of responsible, sustainable socio-economic development at a local level with the key focus on providing support services to not-for-profit organizations that are actively involved at grassroots level. As part of the host organisation commitment to sustainable community development we have also created a platform for participants in this programme to stay with the local project long after they have returned home.
What can the professional expect in terms of accommodation and food?
Ama Africa Experiences will take care of all accommodation and meals. There are varies options available and these include living with a local host family or staying in pre-arranged and inspected city lodge accommodation. Depending on the accommodation types, meals are either prepared for the volunteers and served in communal dining areas, or volunteers prepare their own food during their stay.